CONTENT OF THE PROGRAMME:
Objective: This new Board level workshop is dedicated to top senior managers as well as executives and non-executives of medium to large corporates transitioning between roles.
This course will support professional development of top senior managers, executive and non-executive directors (NEDs) to become more effective and valuable directors with a focus on developing, not just knowledge of all that is expected of directors and their duties, but also the behavioural aspects of being an effective boardroom player.
The workshop will be experiential and will give delegates a chance to experience and practise the different roles of executive and non-executive directors in a safe but challenging learning environment.
(Senior) Managers (awaiting promotion to the Board)
9:00 Welcome and introduction
9:30 The Board, its committees and transitioning to the Board
10:00 The role of the Board and the Non-Executive Director
• What is the role of the Board?
• What does an effective and valuable non- executive director do?
• The behaviours and mindset of an effective and valuable non- executive director
• What are my strengths and limitations as a non-executive director (coaching pairs)
The Board’s role in strategy – Oversight versus delivery
• The Board’s role in strategy
• The link between strategy and value
• How to run an effective Board strategy session
• Strategic thinking behaviours
11:00 Coffee Break
11:30 The Board’s role in Strategic versus Operational risk management and compliance
• Risk management overview, including the Turnbull framework, risk committees and risk registers
• Elements of risk management including elements of risk affecting corporate reputation: conflicts of interest, bribery, corruption and poor decision making or poor board performance
• Stewardship code
Responding to the role of the Chairman
• The role of the Chairman
• Authority, power and behaviours of effective Chairman
• Forming an effective board
• Effective board evaluation and board director performance management
• The role of the SID and performance oversight of the Chairman
14:00 WORKSHOP: key elements for an effective board management
15:00 Coffee Break
16:30 Q&A and closing remarks
1050.- EUR + VAT
For more information, contact our education organizer
phone: +36 20 619 99 69